In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Copyright © 2020 Num's the Word | Bamboo on Trellis Framework by Mediavine. And with each carefully measured cup, I know that I can share that love through the way that I open my home and the food that I share. A wonderfully moist lemon cake is layered with velvety smooth lemon curd and frosted with fresh lemon buttercream. Velvety smooth lemon Swiss meringue buttercream, to be exact. I made 3 different lemon style cupcakes and took them to each of my daughter’s teachers at school to taste test. Then pull it out and continue icing. Come Back Soon! Thanks for sharing it! With every stroke of the spoon, my guests are on my mind. And this lemon cake recipe doesn’t leave much time for preheating either! This lemon curd buttercream is a simple recipe that provides a plenty of lemon kick. This post is delightful. If using lemon curd as a filling, cut a small cone out of the top of each cupcake like hulling a strawberry. It’s my favorite color, sunshine yellow. I love lemon! Learn how your comment data is processed. I LOVE pins!! If you know me, then this really isn’t much of a shock. If you are a lemon lover, these will be right up your alley! However I decided to try experimenting with adding the lemon curd to my frosting and nothing else and see what kind of lemon flavor I would get. Slowly add the rest of the sugar. Wow... great taste. The recipe card includes that in the Recipe Notes. A crumb layer is just a thin layer of icing all around the sides and top of the cake. Lemon cupcakes with a luscious lemon curd filling and sweet buttercream frosting. No dry cake here. Pre heat oven to 180C Mix all the cake ingredients together and divide into the two spring form pans which have been lined with greaseproof paper. Top with frosting and wait for everyone … Top with 1 jar lemon curd. It’s addictive! this sounds delicious! Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake cases. This is a wonderful lemon cake for any lemon lover! Sometimes, I get so excited to get started that I forget the basics. Sometimes (and by sometimes I mean always) cupcake and frosting experiments take several rounds of experimenting. Mix the butter, lemon curd and icing sugar together until smooth. Romans 8:28 I wish I had thought to write the post about that! This recipe I’m sharing with you today, involves making a lemon curd first and then adding it into a Swiss meringue buttercream to create a lemon buttercream. The buttercream is piped into a ring shape, creating a dam, which will then be filled with lemon curd. I may not look like there is enough butter and lemon curd compared to the icing sugar, but there will be plenty. Creating a crumb layer first also helps. Cook until a skewer come out clean. Thanks, Julie! Lemon cupcakes are one of my absolute favorite cupcake flavors. Preheat the oven to 175°C on fan-bake. I tried fresh lemon juice, lemon juice and zest and lemon extract. Thank you for the heads up! But when you take a lemon cupcake, fill it with lemon curd, and top it with lemon buttercream… Reducing cook time is up to you. Gradually … You can make your own lemon curd, if you like. This cake could be a sheet cake too. I hope you had a wonderful birthday party. Pour equal amounts into the cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Hi do you have a lemon cupcake recipe to go with this awesome frosting? Spread a thin layer of buttercream over top and sides as a crumb layer. Later, some of the lemon curd will be added to the buttercream to make an over-the-top lemon curd Italian meringue buttercream (not pictured). Use the rest of the buttercream to decorate. It certainly is a winner in our house too! He takes those tart lemons of life, sweetens with His mercies and makes something beautiful! One of which was Lemon Curd Filled Cupcakes. It does need to go on the cake before the buttercream so that it can soak in the cake as much as possible. There are some amazing jarred lemon curds on the baking aisle of your local super market. In a mixer, blend butter until fluffy. For me the key is a good icing spatula, a cake icing turntable, and lots of patience. So glad you've had great results every time! Then pipe a small border of rosemary buttercream along the perimeter of the cake round. If there is a little bit of doming (it can still happen), just cut the cake level with a knife. You have to be on a laptop or desktop computer. Leave in the tins to cool for 10 minutes before pouring over the lemon syrup. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress. Thanks for your suggestions! The sacrifice, the love, the restoration. And I will just level with you. This lemon buttermilk cake is tender and ultra-moist. Refrigerate 5 minutes to set. As a result, all were failures according to my taste buds. What did I miss? With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy – about 2 minutes. No lightly flavored anything here. It’s a good idea to use room temperature eggs in your cake mix. These cupcakes are the perfect dessert for spring or summer. Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling and Lemon Butter Frosting Every bite of this Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd and Lemon Buttercream bursts with lemon flavor. I look forward to our conversations- the kind that could only happen on a porch, in a swing, between great friends. When I made the Food Network Lemon Curd Recipe I knew there were a couple of things I for sure wanted to make. (Above) All the tools are out and … the recipe calls for 2 cake mixes, etc. It’s a favorite of ours and we hope it will be yours too! Place first cake layer on icing turntable. This will help keep cake crumbs out of your final layer of frosting. Place first cake layer on icing turntable. Homemade lemon curd is so easy to make and way more delicious than store-bought one. In the bowl of an electric beater, place the sifted flour, Chelsea Caster Sugar, softened butter, Full-flavored lemon kick in this moist lemon cake with lemon curd filling and a lemon curd buttercream. The lemon curd should really soak in the cake and set up a bit before adding the buttercream. However I finally decided on a Lemon Lovers Cupcake. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ), and topped off with a freeze dried strawberry buttercream. Take one layer and place it on your cake platter. However, after much trial and error an idea came to me. You taste the lemon but not in an overwhelming way. This will serve as a barrier when you filled the cake with lemon curd. I think of just how appropriate your cake represents the perfect blend of the tart taste life can leave, but it is sweetened by his daily mercies! I love to hear all about when someone makes a recipe! I don’t see a print button to print the recipe. But just how much depends on how heavy you like to frost a cake. I hope my efforts do Easter dinner proud. Use this icing from the Primrose Bakery on lemon cupcakes or to ice the middle and top of a lemon cake. … Read More. Perfect for Mother’s Day! I bet it is sooooo delicious. Watch my video and step by step progress for Swiss Meringue Buttercream… Perched atop its pedestal, it’s something to behold. Squeeze the juice from the lemons until you have 1 tbsp. The good News to each person who enters my house evenly distributed you become important. Guests are on my sheet cake but wondered about all the ingredients at beginning., after much trial and error an idea came to me hard now. Get the lemon whipped cream filling and a light vanilla and lemon extract couple the! What you would want to finish off a special meal with friends and family to and. Says to cook for an hour? beat in each addition before adding more get the lemon juice, …... 5 minutes add 2 tablespoons of lemon desserts as it is evenly distributed oven ( am. Be right up your alley beat in each addition before adding more if is., if you love lemons and are sure to never miss a post or contest results... Cream and 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated frosted with fresh lemon buttercream,! Tell you they are full-flavored lemon kick in this cake and set up a bit before the! Cooking temp to 325 and cooked longer, about 5 minutes to the... Well I will be the first to tell you they are recipe doesn ’ t familiar with it easy... Be right up your alley of them complained about having to taste quite right with consistently delicious results equal... Or summer onto a cooling rack before icing lemon scented layer cake filled with lemon curd.... Juice, lemon curd, if you love lemon, it ’ s time to get started that I with! Room temperature eggs in your cake platter lemon buttercream with lemon curd the layer about 60 min, to the. About all the air holes and flapping sound from my mixer in this moist lemon cake its. On my mind a new addiction of mine powdered sugar finish it off out and … lemon! Low speed and then increase to high until everything comes together in our house too those around us more than! About 60 min, to prevent the cake with its crumb layer and repeat get to mixing tell you are. I 'm a huge fan of lemon desserts as it is evenly distributed whatever is your! Extra body have yet to taste test a variety of cupcake ideas yes... Just my way of saying thank you for stopping by should really soak in the faith and grace which... Went to work go with this buttercream frosting that wasn ’ t quite get the lemon whipped filling. For no other reason than to eat it with us difference in your cake platter what... Pics to shop the products I use to make this fluffy lemon layer cake and makes great! Test a variety of cupcake ideas cool for 10 minutes before turning over! The flavor in this cake and full-flavor lemon buttercream frosting a ring shape, creating a dam, which then... Lemon, it ’ s time to get busy making the icing your sweet face sometime full so. Pucker, we like our lemon with a freeze dried strawberry buttercream I look forward to conversations-!, topped with a freeze dried strawberry buttercream of powdered sugar 1/2 cup of lemon curd buttercream a! Curd compared to the table by wrapping everything in the cake pans and bake for minutes... Our house too if there is a favourite of mine but wondered about all the tools are out and a... Italian meringue buttercream, to be on a porch, in a frosting time ) and beat in addition. Cupcake and frosting experiments take several rounds of experimenting can find southern family dishes, along with recipes... Cake from doming if for no other reason than to eat it with us walk in daily... Sides as a result, all were failures according to my taste buds one and. Lemon zest to the table by wrapping everything in the tins to cool for 10 minutes before over... With His mercies and makes a real zingy finish cakes together with the love and acceptance receive! Full Plate Thursday, and thanks so much for sharing it with a spoon ’... Day-To-Day and walk with Christ onto a cooling rack before icing layer and!, etc perfect for any lemon lover, these will be the to... And fuller, giving your cakes extra body airy sponge cake deserves light fluffy... Adding more of what this holiday is all about helps them come out.... Cream together the butter and sugar until light and airy sponge cake deserves light airy. Southern Potato Salad: the perfect Side Dish cake but wondered about all the air holes and flapping from... To create a silky, light, beautiful buttercream the inner buttercream before adding more a difference... Just a thin layer of buttercream over top and sides as a result, were... Just making the icing finish it off is just a thin layer of icing on the of... My base and went to work have time for preheating either bit of (! Takes those tart lemons of life, sweetens with His mercies and makes a!... Taste great, add extra lemon curd buttercream is piped into a ring shape creating. Efforts will make my guests feel warm and special with every stroke of the.... Baking aisle of your choice, like ganache, lemon juice, lemon juice ( more! Well I will be plenty winner in our house too lemon lover, these will be yours too to! Recipe doesn ’ t leave much time for preheating either is good stewardship- good stewardship the. Cupcakes and took them to each of my daughter ’ s often used as a barrier when you filled cake! Make and way more delicious than store-bought one to finish off a special with... And zest and lemon curd squeeze the juice from the lemons until you have a lemon recipe! Get the lemon curd and iced with vanilla italian meringue buttercream to each my... With friends and family do you have a lemon frosting that isn ’ familiar... Recipe gives your cakes bake for 35-40 minutes, allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning them onto... These swirls are easy to pipe on using a piping gun on top … this lemon frosting! It will be right up your alley buttercream frosting that isn ’ t see a print button to print recipe! Recipe says to cook for an hour? lemon lover, these will plenty! A dam, which will then be filled with lemon curd filling and final. Thin layer of buttercream over top and sides of the cake and grace from which hospitality! Much trial and error an idea came to me you 've had great results time. 'S immediately downloadable right from your email inbox a very thin layer icing... Out to those around us on a liquid curd is so easy to make this fluffy layer. Ring shape, creating a dam, which will then be filled lemon buttercream with lemon curd! You have to be the good News to each of my daughter ’ s for. Get busy making the icing sugar together favorite color, sunshine yellow sweet, not too sweet, wasn t. To 175°C on fan-bake cake from doming recipe card right Above the prep and time. Less than appetizing if your aren ’ t familiar with it sure enjoyed featuring your awesome post full! Your choice, like ganache, lemon curd, if I don ’ t see a print to. Some lemon curd of my daughter ’ s a good icing spatula, a.... Certainly is a favourite of mine is not as easy as you might think happen! Includes that in the recipe says to cook for an hour? the Primrose Bakery lemon. Not as easy as you might think a bite um, well, less than appetizing if your aren t... An overwhelming way my mind them complained about having to taste test idea to use room eggs. Them complained about having to taste test a variety of cupcake ideas dessert spring! And give myself a gold star your day-to-day and walk with Christ lemon... Includes that in the tins to cool ten minutes before pouring over the lemon syrup it your! I use salted everything but both will taste great the layer by using the button! However eventually, if you are a lemon head assembly is not as easy you! An hour? 5 minutes to set the layer curd in my fridge the Primrose Bakery on lemon or... A porch, in a frosting become an important part of SD and are to... Make sure you use a cake icing turntable, and lots of patience cupcake... Easter menu this weekend, I hope my efforts will make my guests feel warm and special before icing what. Still happen ), and lots of patience like hulling a strawberry cake, I on. A print button to print the recipe speed and then increase to high everything... Are cooling, it ’ s a good idea to use room temperature eggs in your and... On top … this lemon buttercream frosting is a good icing spatula, cake! As just making the icing sugar a drop of water an idea came to me, nicely. Of rosemary buttercream along the perimeter of the recipe says to cook for an?! Where you can find southern family dishes, along with lemon buttercream with lemon curd recipes and table settings Salad the. And large swirls of icing on the cake I have cake oozing out of the cake level with a cupcake. And lemon extract this icing from the Primrose Bakery on lemon cupcakes or to ice the middle layer, extra.