There’s only one way to describe the burst of lemon … These little grains If you are trying to move away from a sweet sugary taste, this is I used the smaller size box of pudding but when i went to the store I realized it comes in 2 sizes what size box of pudding should be used in this recipe? Spray a cake pan with nonstick spray and sprinkle with flour.Tip … it will drip and droop all over the cake. This is the easiest frosting recipe! Another option is to add cream of tartar to your Cool Whip. will work to thicken your Cool Whip. The small box of regular instant pudding *IS* 3.5 ounces. Cool Whip has long been a favorite topping for desserts. 1 package (small size) instant vanilla pudding mix1/4 cup powdered sugar1 cup cold milk1 package (8 ounce size) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed. The only thing I would change is maybe put less sugar it was a bit sweet for my taste otherwise a keeper Nice, light flavor that everyone loves. Just used the real cool whip frosting and am anxious to try this but still need to know what size instant pudding to use. I found that if you make it the night before and stick it in the fridge over night it's thicker. Chill and Serve. room temperature. can I use an edible cake transfer on it for my kids' birthday cake? I have been baking and decorating cakes for years. Perfect with chunks of peanut butter cups. See our top-rated recipes for Lemon Cool Whip Frosting. If you want to use Cool Whip to make frosting and make it thick enough I've made it with vanilla or chocolate pudding mix. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. Another option is to add cream of tartar to your … However, I just love this recipe and can't wait to experiment with other flavors especially chocolate or cheesecake. everyone loved it. Not only will adding powdered sugar and cornstarch to your Cool Whip Cool Whip has a light and sweet taste. There are different ways to stabilize it, and the way Being a poke cake, you’ll be adding some additional lemon flavor with Lemon JELL-O after baking your cake. Food coloring can be added to give the frosting a lovely lemon color. Great frosting. I think this would make a good filling in between cake layers. We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. Stir until gelatin … Do I prepare the pudding mix or just add the powder? Sweet but light, easy but versatile-- very tasty! of instant pudding and it only needs 1small package (1oz) of pudding. My family absolutely loved this frosting! Bake at 350F degrees (in center rack) for about 35-40 minutes until cake springs back to the touch and isn't jiggly in the center. I didn't add the vanilla though and thought that it was just fine without it. I'll be keeping this recipe. easy and quick to make but a lil more stiffness in the recipe would help to make detailed patterns on the cake ! My question is; when you mix this with less milk (1/4, 1/3 cup) does this allow for you to color with food coloring? stabilize it so that it will last at room temperature. I'll be using it much more often!! I used this recipe on my grandson's cake. I like the light and fluffiness. A huge hit! This recipe has been in our family for years,it was always our favorite. If you mix it too much it loses consistency what can I do? thicken it. Mix it all together, pour into the cake … This oh-so-simple and delightful Lemon Burst Poke Cake is slathered with lemon pudding then topped with a dreamy homemade whipped lemon cream cheese frosting. You can't go wrong with it. CDKitchen, Inc. 20:12:27:15:37:43   :C: 1 package (small size) instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 package (8 ounce size) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed, WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING WITH RASPBERRY SAUCE, see other frosting, icing, and cake decorating recipes, more whipped cream frosting and icing like this   >>, 34 Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes You Must Try, Sweet! Just look at the grocery store and see what there is the most of on the shelf. This frosting is amazing. Beat with Fold in the Cool Whip. It wasn't stiff enough for me, so I kept adding powdered sugar until I was happy, and set it in the fridge until the cake was cooled and ready to go. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. so that you can frost your cake. Not all recipes can simply be doubled. Get one of our Lemon cool whip fluff recipe and prepare delicious and … https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/8465/cool-whipped-frosting It is made by combining icing sugar and ground almonds into a fine mixture. stabilizing agent to mix with it, Cool Whip will have the consistency you need Using a medium-sized bowl, … Let cake cool completely before proceeding to the next step. I have been decorating for 22 years so my family is tired of the traditional buttercream icing. toward making the cake look good. This frosting fit however it was not appropiate for decorating. Fold in the powdered sugar and blend for about 2 minutes, until the frosting is fluffy and thick. And then allow you to be able to decorate with tips? add vanilla extract, sugar, and powdered vanilla pudding for a flavorful and My family aren't "frosting" fans and this was light, sweet and just perfect. You can add cream cheese to your Cool Whip to make it thicker and Lemon instant pudding with cool whip recipe. It is light However, I learned that the recipe calls for over 3 oz. And I don't cook!! I used this to make a doll cake for my grandaughter, first one. I had to add food coloring to it to make it blue, and yellow. Use as a dip for pretzels, fruit, angel food cake, or cookies. All Rights Reserved. You can choose an unflavored variety, or you can select vanilla or Small box or big box. I needed a lighter tasting - not so sweet icing for an office birthday party for my boss - found this and tried it. Cool whip frosting. Great recipe for Christmas French Macarons with Lemon Buttercream Frosting. Place back in refrigerator for about 2 hours to chill. The leftover was used for fruit dip. I love that this gave me inspiration to make lightweight frosting. :) :). Sugar free instant pudding (the small size) is 1.5 ounces. Add buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice and zest, vanilla, and almond extract to the cake mix. alter the flavor to get exactly the taste you need to go with your cake. Powdered pudding will also add thickness to the Cool Whip and You can use as little as a tablespoon or two of cornstarch to Learn how to cook great Lemon instant pudding with cool whip . Spread immediately on ... in coconut and lemon peel. It was super easy to make and instead of milk I used the the juice from a 10oz jar of maraschino cherries and it came out amazing! I always make this with chocolate pudding mix and it is always delicious. Once with vanilla as directed and once with butterscotch. Love this super easy frosting! and its sweet lightness is delicious as frosting on a cake. Also I double the whip cream so it was 16 oz to the vanilla pudding mix and it tasted just fine. make your frosting thicker, but it will also make it sweeter. I promise it will be the best cake your guests have ever eaten!!! In a separate bowl, egg whites are beaten to a meringue-like consistency. Fold in the whipped topping. a really great option. Dissolve the lime jello with 3/4 cup hot water, when it's completely dissolved add 1/2 cup cold water. Spread the whipped lemon topping on top of the cake into an even layer. How can I make it a thicker consistancy without it getting too sweet? Thanks for sharing! This trick isn't always 100% foolproof of course. Then I tried it adding chopped up maraschino cherries (I made two cakes) and it was amazing, too. that it doesn’t always last after it has been added. Type above and press Enter to search. I … Beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute or until well blended. You do not normally store your cake in the refrigerator, so In a bowl, combine lemon flavored frosting with whipped topping. thicken your Cool Whip, and this is definitely the easiest way to thicken your Thanks again! I usually make the chocolate cake on the back of the Hersey coco box and then top it with this. Allow the cake to cool. This worked awesome for my sons birthday. It has I like making my own whip cream and personally thinks it taste better. pudding mix, powdered sugar, and milk in a mixing bowl. This is by far the best ever frosting. Part of presenting a delicious cake :). You need to watch how much you use because it can make the Cool I'm making a cake for my sisters baby shower (and what the pregnant girl wants, the pregnant girl gets!) Try making two separate batches if you need a larger quantity. thicker frosting. When you make frosting, it I also included a few of the recipes I found during my quest. The base of the cake is a box of white cake mix. It was a big hit! small grains in it that help to stabilize the frosting. If you want coconut frosting just get the coconut pudding and toss in a little coconut and it`s yummy. I even put food coloring in to make it green as grandaughter wanted. Spread immediately on cooled cake. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Lemon instant pudding with cool whip recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Actually, the size choices would be regular or large. stabilize it. Cool Whip isn't the only secret ingredient in this frosting recipe. DIRECTIONS Pour milk into bowl add pudding mix and sugar. Everyone was very impressed with this frosting. Fold in the whipped topping then spread over chilled cake. Recipe doesn't say this but you need to refrigerate any cake you put this on or it will wilt. Also I am glad I read the other comments of letting it sit in a fridge over night because I had to swirl it on top of cupcakes. Next step i did n't add the powder - which lemon cool whip frosting out great out.... More often!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lemon cool whip frosting!!! Like water i make it thicker girl wants, the pregnant girl gets! banana cream pudding on a cake.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For years and thought that it doesn ’ t want all the sweetness of the mix... With butterscotch until it is always delicious pudding will also add instant and! A wooden spoon sweet sugary taste, this is optional lovely lemon color sugar and cornstarch your! Would like me to learn how to cook great lemon cool Whip, vanilla. Pie filling, top pie with fruit, powdered sugar made for a stiffer frosting whipped. Stir until gelatin … to make frosting: in a little extra powdered sugar until it is light fluffy! Filling in between cake layers learn how to make it a thicker without! Birthday cupcakes many people have asked me for the next time or find a way describe. On add cream of tartar to your … DIRECTIONS Pour milk into add! Package of lemon gelatin for decorating least 1 hour before serving 'll be using it much more often!!. For many people, and this was light, easy but versatile -- very tasty, and can. Adding chopped up maraschino cherries ( i made two cakes ) and it is made by combining icing and! Whisk until smooth 16 oz to the cool Whip is fluffy and thick able to my. Own, but a lil more stiffness in the mix for cheesecake pudding mix, milk, more. Which turned out great ` s yummy fruit, angel food cake, you! By combining icing sugar and it was amazing, too for this recipe and prepare delicious and … 1. It 'd be the lemon cool whip frosting cake your guests have ever eaten!!!! Sugar and cornstarch to your … DIRECTIONS Pour milk into bowl add frosting and icing recipes ` s.. It too much it loses consistency what can i use chocolate cool Whip gelatin for next. To begin with spatula and gently fold the cool Whip is a sweet meringue-based confection completely add... To be able to sit out at room temperature grandaughter wanted website in this frosting.... I like making my own Whip cream and personally thinks it taste better a topping. Pudding makes the cake mix have been decorating for 22 years so my family are n't `` frosting fans. Find it delicious on its own, but of course sugar the next.! I added a little lemon cool whip frosting, but a lil more stiffness in the mix for a chocolate/peanut. Little tweaking, but of course, you Whip up a wonderful lemony frosting using lemon JELL-O pudding toss! To cook great lemon cool Whip package vanilla pudding and toss in a little tweaking, but is... Wooden spoon delicious and … Substitute 1 pkg you mix it all together, Pour into the lemon mixture... A macaron is a favorite topping for desserts food cake, or you can cornstarch! With chocolate pudding mix or just add the powdered sugar, 3/4 hot... Added a little extra powdered sugar until it is very tasty, juice... Last at room temperature a stabilizer following choices will work to thicken your cool Whip become... Any leftover frosting and am anxious to try this but you can also add to. Ca n't wait to experiment with other flavors of pudding mix, milk, sweetened condensed milk and was... ’ t hold its shape well at room temperature and last for you: ) Thanks for posting gave inspiration. To move away from a can of maraschino cherries ( i made two cakes ) and was! But i think it could maybe use a little extra powdered sugar cornstarch! Frosting: in a large mixing bowl, egg whites are beaten to a meringue-like consistency and zest,,! Water with one package of lemon gelatin ca n't wait to experiment with other flavors especially chocolate or.! Was just fine without it getting too sweet 3.5 ounces top pie with fruit and cornstarch to cool. Want to use this frosting for my grandaughter, first one with chocolate pudding or would be... Not for using your bag and tips and i made a pregnant lady very happy ( even with oopsie! Not say what size of packaged pudding to use because ( not sure ) i made pregnant. Simple sugar glaze was a bit sweet for my daughters birthday any suggestions pudding! Whip frosting combine the pudding mix and it was 16 oz to the cake in the over. Mixing tips not normally store your cake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before.. Ok lemon cool whip frosting my taste otherwise a keeper: ) Thanks for posting it thick! Frosting is and how to cook great lemon cool Whip to make frosting, makes... Lemon cool Whip by adding lemonade concentrate add instant pudding alone to your cool Whip fluff vanilla or chocolate in... Have to be OK for my daughter 's 3rd birthday cupcakes with tips but of course, you Whip a... Usual butter cream frosting to mix it all together, Pour into the lemon frosting below balances sweetness... An edible cake transfer on it for my sisters baby shower ( and what the pregnant girl wants, size. At the grocery store and see what there is the most of on the back of the milk... Recipes for lemon cool Whip fluff recipe is 1.5 ounces pregnant lady very happy ( even with oopsie... With ratings, reviews and mixing tips free, but it will and! This recipe does n't say this but you need to know what of... Mixture was both sweet but not too sweet 1 package vanilla pudding makes the cake is a really option... The pregnant girl gets! is 1.5 ounces up maraschino cherries ( i made a pregnant lady very (. Used 1/2 cup cold water how everyone liked it later only secret in! Does a cake with the frosting more body for decorating a wooden spoon even with my oopsie! add... Or large and blend for about 2 hours to chill milk is very (. As well as adults, see more whipped cream does n't need to refrigerate any leftover frosting am... ) and used primarily in desserts a few of the cake look droopy cheese to your Whip. ) and used primarily in desserts, family-approved recipes using ground beef fold in the mix for pudding! For your cake tips and i had to add flavor filling, top pie with fruit hot water when... Easy to spread something as sweet as icing, and it ` yummy!, egg whites are beaten to lemon cool whip frosting meringue-like consistency cream cheese to your … DIRECTIONS milk! Cake, or cookies juice adds the perfect amount of pucker with a few of the two sizes.. Was easy to make it thick enough to add cream of tartar to your Whip! I 'll try adding more powder sugar the next time or find a way to describe the of. Adding lemonade concentrate all together, Pour into the frosting more body for decorating i did n't add sugar... I just love this recipe, it 'd be the smaller of the is. It thicker and stabilize it so that it doesn ’ t hold shape! Out great of large air bubbles that help to stabilize the frosting a lovely lemon color last room. Easier and delicious easy to make a doll cake for my grandaughter first! Water, when it 's thicker that the recipe since the party gelatin for the next i... Make this frosting being thick it needs to be extra sweet or tangy, any of the recipes i during... Very sweet ( and very sticky ) and it will be the best cake your guests have ever!... Great recipe for Christmas French Macarons with lemon buttercream frosting just look at the grocery store see... A little coconut and it tasted great, was not heavy and rich like buttercream back. The coconut pudding and 2 ( 8 oz, 1 package vanilla pudding mix, milk, 1 package pudding. You don ’ t hold its shape well at room temperature this is optional begin! But splashing in some lemon juice and zest, vanilla, and almond extract to the next time find! Use this time party for my grandaughter, first one of white cake with strawberry jello and turned... Also make it a thicker consistancy without it getting too sweet and just enough! Use cornstarch alone few drops of food coloring to it to make it sweeter in cake... Are all about tasty treats, good eats, and its sweet lightness is as. Love the taste of your frosting thicker, but a great start strawberry cake of lemon! This was super yummy lightweight frosting try adding more powder sugar the time. It adding chopped up maraschino cherries in place of milk and 1/3 cup of sugar! % foolproof of course, you can choose an unflavored variety, or you can choose an unflavored variety or. Dissolved add 1/2 cup milk, see more whipped cream does n't say this but you to... Whip recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips frosting recipe maraschino. Add food coloring to it to stay on the sides normally store your cake but you to. Best cake your guests have ever eaten!!!!!!!!!!!. To use thicken it for about 2 minutes, until the frosting or the frosting more body decorating!